Closing date: 19 Nov 2021
Fixed term | 12 Months | ASAP
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We go the last mile: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. With a team of 4,600 national staff 400 international staff, ACTED is active in 38 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year reaching over 20 million beneficiaries.
In response to the emergency situation in Sudan, ACTED recruits.
You will be in charge of
1.Supply chain management
- Procurement: Ensure that any need should be delivered according to the defined chronogram, requested quality standards, and proper procurement scenario.
- For any procurement, guarantee the compliance of the supplier selection & related documentation as per ACTED & donor’s procurement guidelines.
- Build the sourcing capacity in the country and in the region, and maintain a supplier database accordingly.
- Coordinate the procurement cycle across the country with all stakeholders (program, finance, coordination, suppliers, etc.) from the planning stage, to contract signature until delivery completion; the Senior CLM is in particular arranging Procurement Committee sessions.
- Ensure constant availability of running supplies/services/works such as fuel, stationery, transportation means, etc. through framework contracts in particular.
Manage traceability & reconciliation between orders, contracts & deliveries, and liaise with finance for problem solving.
Stocks & deliveries: Ensure appropriate storage network & stock management standards across the country
Identify & settle warehouses/storage space based on needs.
Ensure goods transportation means are secured as per needs.
Coordinate & follow-up deliveries & liaise efficiently with suppliers for problem solving.
Maintain a regular information across teams about stock levels & expected lead-times.
Manage periodic inventories, stock clearance and investigations over discrepancies.
2.Transversal logistical management
- Fleet & transportation: Deploy efficient transportation means across the country
- Anticipate vehicles needs and liaise with (Deputy) Country Director & Country Finance Manager to anticipate budgets accordingly.
- Maintain efficient monthly, weekly & daily planning & movements follow-up tools.
- Identify reliable external transportation companies.
- Control & optimize fleet costs.
- Coordinate an efficient maintenance framework across the country (in terms of operations as well as in terms of costs).
- Ensure administrative requirements are met toward customs and any other local authority when transporting goods/staff.
Organize regular drivers training and refreshers.
Fuel: Manage fuel supply across the country; anticipate & mitigate fuel supply risks, including quality requirements.
Asset: Deploy an efficient asset allocation & maintenance plan across the country
Anticipate needs for assets and liaise with (Deputy) Country Director & Country Finance Manager to anticipate budgets accordingly;
Maintain an up-to-date asset inventory, including proper asset labelling; investigate and document any loss or damage.
Manage random asset inventories to check the monthly asset follow-up reliability, and take the needed corrective actions.
Manage asset maintenance plans, control & optimize related costs.
Organize regular staff trainings and refreshers (right use of computers & radios, installation & use of generators, etc);
Manage assets donations, obsolescence & replacements over the time in compliance with internal & external regulations.
Premises: Ensure proper working & living conditions for all staff in each premise, at all times, by maintaining an efficient general services approach
Identify & settle premises (offices, guesthouses & warehouses) based on geographical, operational, security, and financial criteria, in close liaison with Country Director and Country Finance Manager.
Coordinate monthly inventories of other goods.
Ensure that security & safety guidelines are applied in premises.
*Communications & IT management:** Deploy an efficient IT plan across the country based on ACTED global standards.
Anticipate communication & IT needs and liaise with (Deputy) Country Director & Country Finance Manager to anticipate budgets accordingly.
Control & optimize communication & IT costs.
Ensure administrative requirements are met toward local authorities for communication means in use.
Ensure monthly data back-up (server, computers local data, emails, etc.).
Guarantee that IT security standards are applied, and lead crisis management in country in close liaison with HQ if required.
Organize IT staff regular training & refreshers.
3.Compliance & transparency
- Ensure ACTED logistics manual is applied across the country and donors’ specific requirements for logistics & procurement are met.
- Enforce a zero-tolerance policy regarding corruption and ensure adherence to ACTED Code of Conduct and Anti-Fraud policy.
- Coordinate logistics TITANIC reporting on a monthly basis, and ensure checking the reliability & relevance of data reported.
- Organize a 6-month planning for field visits with clear ToRs, including ad hoc checks and written report following each visit.
- Organize regular logistics staff training & refreshers internally about ACTED procedures, lessons learnt, FAQ, etc. across workshops or field visits.
- Capitalize on lessons learnt through memos, training module, etc. for continuous improvements of logistics compliance in country.
- Follow-up & update internal & external audit report for logistics.
- Ensure a timely and accurate logistics document flow in liaison with other FLAT departments.
- Update the organigram of the logistics department according to the mission development;
- Plan & conduct logistics staff recruitments & appraisals; train & build capacities of logistics staff in country; identify staff with potential, and contribute to internal mobility strategy;
- Always actively promote strong & structured articulations with all teams for all logistics operations (program & finance in particular).
- Manage Implementing Partners relationship on logistics aspects such as procurement, stock & asset management, logistics reporting. In particular, ensure the timely & exhaustive review of IPs logistics documentation.
- Represent ACTED with relevant logistics and communication networks, actively building relevant relationships (logistics cluster, etc.)
- Actively participate in country level coordination meetings by reporting on progress, and risks.
- Contribute to donor proposals, budgets and reports.
- Contribute to Emergency Response planning and Contingency Planning efforts for logistics and procurement needs and execution.
Expected skills and qualifications
- At least 2-3 years of working experience in insecure environments
- Extensive experience in logistics and/or security management and procedures;
- Demonstrated communication and organizational skills;
- Ability to train, mobilize, and manage both international and national staff
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task under pressure;
- Ability to work well in unstable and frequently changing security environments;
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office;
- Advanced proficiency in written and spoken English
- Salary defined by the ACTED salary grid depending on education level, expertise, security level and experience
- Living allowance of 300 USD
- Lodging and food provided in the ACTED Guesthouse / or housing allowance (depending on the contract lenght and country of assignement)
- Flight tickets in and out + Visa taken in charge by ACTED
- Provision of medical and repatriation insurances
How to apply:
Send your application (resume & cover letter) to email@example.com Ref: CLM/SUD