Organization: Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute
Closing date: 15 Nov 2021
The Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute is a public institution with the mandate to contribute to the improvement of the health of populations internationally and nationally through excellence in research, services, and teaching and training. The Swiss Centre for International Health (SCIH) of the Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute (Swiss TPH) conducts consultancy, project management, training and applied research work in international health.
Procurement and Supply Management Expert Position based in francophone Africa
· Technical: assess systems for the management of health and non-health products (procurement, storage, distribution and information systems, etc.) for different donors; review of quantification and specifications of pharmaceuticals and health and non-health products and equipment to be procured
· Managerial: identify, acquire and ensure leadership of (short term) mandates in relation with the procurement and supply management (PSM) expertise with oversight of a potential small team of experts
To best fit into our active, interdisciplinary team we are looking for candidates with:
· Formal qualification in pharmacy or a health related field (Master degree level) required. A postgraduate training in PSM of health products, logistics and/or public health, or a MBA is an asset.
· Minimum of 10 years relevant experience in managing or advising on the procurement, supply and use of health products, particularly in developing countries with expertise in:
(i) assessing policies, systems and structures in the public and/or private health sector relevant for managing effective and efficient access to pharmaceuticals and other health products, particularly for AIDS, TB and malaria;
(ii) the procurement of health products including regulations and tendering process;
(iii) supply chain/logistics management systems and related information systems;
(iv) quantification and forecasting of health product needs in public health programs;
(v) a good understanding of AIDS, TB, malaria market dynamics and existing global supply challenges as well as international health products procurement and supply management practices, applicable national and international laws and recognised standards
(vi) strong professional oral communication, writing and analytical skills, including the development of reports, oral presentations, and technical/persuasive documents; strong interpersonal skills, diplomacy and tact to effectively communicate with senior-level officials; experience in proposal writing is an asset
· Minimum of 8 years of management experience, preferably in the health sector with:
(i) strong project management and team management skills, ability to prioritize tasks and meet multiple deadlines in complex environment; an in-depth knowledge of issues relating to project management in developing countries;
(ii) ability to attract and acquire short term mandates with different donors
· Excellent command of English AND French (speaking & writing) BOTH required, another language (Spanish or Portuguese) is an asset.
An initial contract of two years will be offered with possibility of renewal based on performance.
For further information please consults our website:
http://www.swisstph.ch/jobs.html and http://www.swisstph.ch/swiss-centre-for-international-health.html
How to apply:
If you are interested, please address your application using our standard CV in English (maximum 3 pages) with names of 3 referees as well as salary expectations and availability by 15 November 2021 to Bertrand Chenin email firstname.lastname@example.org with the heading “Application PSM position Francophone Africa”. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for a written test and interview, the recruitment for the position will be finalized by end of January 2022.