Country: Sri Lanka
Organization: Social Impact
Closing date: 12 Feb 2022
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
Under Task Order 46 of the Asia Learning Monitoring and Evaluation (ALME) program, the USAID/Sri Lanka Mission has requested Social Impact to complete a youth development performance evaluation in Sri Lanka. The evaluation will be used to inform USAID’s youth development programming in Sri Lanka.
Social Impact is seeking a Logistician in support of this evaluation. The Logistician will be responsible for liaising with local stakeholders and coordinating qualitative data collection in Sri Lanka, as well as managing other logistical and administrative matters for the evaluation team as requested. This is a part-time consultancy position.
Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Sri Lankan citizenship will be considered.
- Collect contact information of targeted informants and conduct outreach to selected individuals.
- Schedule interviews in a manner that ensures efficient allocation of time and re-confirm interviews with study participants.
- Identify and confirm locations for interviews to take place.
- Frequently update a shared schedule on SI’s SharePoint platform.
- Maintain accurate lists and contact information for study participants.
- Coordinate other logistics as needed, including travel arrangements and accommodations for the evaluation team.
- At least two years of experience working for international development organizations.
- Background in administration and/or logistics for research studies.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently to meet deadlines and adhere to high quality standards.
- Strong professional written and verbal proficiency in English and either Tamil or Sinhala required.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
How to apply:
To apply for the position, please visit our website: https://phg.tbe.taleo.net/phg02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=SOCIIMPA2&cws=1&rid=3977.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.