Organization: Médecins Sans Frontières
Closing date: 6 Feb 2022
Médecins Sans Frontières is an international independent medical-humanitarian organization, which offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to the assistance of other human beings in crisis. As such MSF is by choice an association. Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF.
The MSF movement is built around five operational directorates supported by MSF’s 21 sections, 24 associations and other offices together worldwide. MSF OCBA is one of those directorates. The operations are implemented by field teams and the mission coordination teams; together with the organizational units based in Barcelona, Athens and decentralised in Nairobi, Dakar and Amman. The field operations are guided and supported by 5 Operational Cells, the Emergency Unit and other departments supporting operations.
GENERAL OBJECTIVE OF THE POST
To act as the focal point in the mission(s) for the roll out and/or strengthening of the medical equipment management based on MSF guideline and MSF OCBA policies, ensuring customisation to each relevant context and/or users. Making sure that users are well equipped to guarantee its optimal use and maintenance.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
· Oversee/carry out the implementation of the tool, protocol, system, instrument or policy referred above, in accordance with the specifications set by the hierarchical and functional managers in the ToR for each visit.
· Together with the hierarchical manager (or delegated person in the HQ Department) and the relevant Coordinator(s) in the Mission(s), plan the deployments well in advance and inform the relevant units in HQ/Field to anticipate administrative and medical requirements related to the deployment (e.g. vaccination, visa, flight tickets, etc.).
· Ensure that clear Terms of Reference (e.g. objectives, duration of deployment and subsequent paid rest, expected results, functional reporting lines during visit, etc.) are well defined, known and agreed by the relevant stakeholders before deployment.
· Develop and maintain a project plan for implementation (including hands-on, briefings, trainings, workshops, etc.) ensuring stakeholders are informed and involved in order to deliver the project on time.
· Mapping and analysis of the environment in order to prepare the deployment phase.
· Where relevant, ensure that all technical implementation considerations are known, communicated and met (e.g. guidance documents, configuration, data cleaning, test and migration management, etc.).
· Design and deliver training related to own professional/technical area to enable others to use systems, tools, processes or policy effectively.
· Ensure adequate information flow to the relevant stakeholders regarding progress of the implementation, trainings, etc.
· Support the missions with change management and new work organisation to guarantee sustainability of the new way of working.
· Contribute to continuous improvement and learning by capitalising all deployment related documentation and learning for the project and eventually sharing as part of (de)briefings, workshops or ad-hoc technical forum.
· In between field visits, provide punctual support related to her/his area of expertise as requested by the Hierarchical Manager and in coordination with the correspondent Functional Manager(s).
SPECIFIC ACTIVITIES, TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Perform field visits to CO5 missions
· Support emergency interventions
· Develop the support model for CO 5, related to the biomedical family
Education and experience
· Degree in the relevant technical area (biomedical engineering)
· 1-2 years’ experience in relevant field or HQ positions in MSF or in a low resource setting
· Experience providing training to adult learners
· Essential English.
· French, Swahili, or Arabic are a plus
· List essential: MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint; Desirable knowledge : Microsoft 365 Suite (Outlook, Teams, OneDrive, One Note,&hellip
· IT proficient at user level
· Good written and oral communication
· Commitment to MSF’s Principles
· Behavioral Flexibility
· Stress Management
· Security Awareness and Management
· Analytical Thinking –
· Service Orientation
· Results and Quality Orientation
· Teamwork and Cooperation
· Home based, with frequent field visits (aprox. 70% of the time)
· Full time job
· Temporary position: 1 year of commitment
· Annual Gross salary: L4 (divided in 12 monthly payments) + secondary benefits based on MSF OCBA Reward Policy.
· Starting date: end February
MSF is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, race, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. We are committed to achieving a balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
MSF provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. MSF does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo reference checks.
Médecins Sans Frontieres, as a responsible employer, under article 38 of “Ley de Integración Social del Minusválido de 1982 (LISMI)” invite those persons with a recognized disability and with an interest in the humanitarian area to apply for the above-mentioned position.
How to apply:
HOW TO APPLY
· To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter
· Closing date: February 6th, 2022, 23:59 CET (Central European Time)